Pregna-Plan comprises all of the most appropriate vitamins and minerals necessary for women and baby during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding. This includes the current UK Government recommendations comprising Folic Acid (methylfolate) and Vitamin D.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Folic Acid as Methylfolate - Folic Acid/Folate contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and supplemental folate intake increases maternal folate status. Increasing maternal folate status contributes to the reduction of the risk of NTDs (Neural Tube Defects)
- Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children; Vitamin D3 is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient and Pregna-Plan contains vitamin D3 at 30µg per 2 tablets
- Maintaining good levels of the mineral iron are important for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Iron is essential for the foetus and new born baby too with iron particularly needed for development of normal cognitive function
- The mineral calcium is in great demand during pregnancy. Intestinal absorption of calcium doubles early in pregnancy, and the mineral is stored in the mother’s bones. Later, as the foetus begins to develop, the mother’s stores are drawn upon. Calcium is essential for making the baby's bones and teeth
- Magnesium aids bone growth and is necessary for the proper functioning of muscles
- The mineral iodine helps make the thyroid hormones. Optimal iodine levels are important in preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding to support the baby’s neural development. The iodine in this supplement is from kelp
- Pregna-Plan contains all eight of the important B-Complex vitamins plus PABA; vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity. Vitamin B12 contributes in the process of cell division. Both vitamins B12 and B6 are needed for the production of red blood cells during pregnancy
- Selenium is a mineral that plays an important role in our immune system’s function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- The functions of Zinc include growth and human development, the healthy functioning of the immune system, and Zinc Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- Vitamin C is always important in its protective capacity, the vitamin protects cells and helps keep them healthy
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Pregna-Plan contains 3mg of Beta Carotene (as Vitamin A) per 2 tablets. The Retinol (A1) form of vitamin A should be avoided in pregnancy and this is the recommendation of the NHS. Beta Carotene is considered safer than taking vitamin A because the body only converts the amount it needs at any point in time
- Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones. Pregna-Plan contains 60µg of Vitamin K per 2 tablets – in the form of Vitamin K1
- Size: 90 Capsules (1 month supply).
- Dosage: 3 capsules per day.
- Capsules can be opened and added to any cold food or drinks.
3 capsules provide: Claim % EU NRV Beta-Carotene 1mg N/A Vitamin D3 10μg 200 Vitamin E 5mg a-TE*** 42 Vitamin C 30mg 38 Vitamin K 20μg 27 Vitamin B1 1.5mg 136 Vitamin B2 1.5mg 107 Niacin 10mg NE 64 Vitamin B6 2mg 143 Folic Acid 400μg 200 Vitamin B12 40μg 1600 Biotin 50μg 100 Pantothenic Acid 5mg 83 Calcium 200mg 25 Magnesium 200mg 53 Iron 10mg 71 3 capsules provide: Claim % EU NRV Zinc 15mg 150 Copper 250μg 25 Manganese 1mg 50 Selenium 50μg 91 Chromium 30μg 75 Molybdenum 20μg 40 Iodine 50μg 33 Boron 0.5mg N/A Choline 5mg N/A Inositol 5mg N/A Alpha Lipoic Acid 20mg N/A CoEnzyme Q10 0.8mg N/A Energy, fat, protein, carbohydrate Negligible